Trade name: Keppra.
Active ingredient: levetiracetam.
Group: medications to treat seizures.
Product: pills, solution.
Mechanism of action
The active component of the medication is reducing the concentration of calcium ions inside the neurons. Anticonvulsant effect is also can be seen as a result of amplification and sequencing of preventing oscillation potential of brain neurons.
Indications for use
For individual use Keppra:
- focal epileptic seizures, primary or recurrent origin in patients aged 16 years.
Use in combination with other drugs:
- focal epileptic seizures, including secondarily generalized, in adults and children aged 4 years (tablets);
- focal epileptic seizures, including secondarily generalized, in adults and children older than 1 month (solution);
- myoclonic seizures in juvenile myoclonic epilepsy;
- tonic-clonic seizures with generalization of primary idiopathic generalized epilepsy.
If for your treatment it’s necessary to purchase Keppra, then the most convenient way to do that is online order in web–pharmacy from home.